If you're anything like us, then you have quite a sweet tooth. And here at Drum Rock, there is no better way to satisfy a craving than with a deliciously soft and sweet cookie. One of our favorite cookies happens to be the snickerdoodle, a confection that has made quite the comeback over the last holiday season. Warm cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar are way too yummy to pass up. So today, we decided to bring you our creative take on this delicious treat - Snickerdoodle Poppers!
These reinvented snickerdoodles are super easy to make, and the addition of vanilla pudding gives them a creamy element that is unexpected, and most definitely appreciated.
So heat up your fryer, grab a bag of Drum Rock, and let's get cooking!!
2 and ½ cups of Drum Rock Fritter & Clam Cake Mix
2 cups of water
Box of vanilla pudding
2 and ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
¼ cup of granulated sugar
Oil for frying
Paper towels/bowls for draining
Small mixing bowl
Cinnamon sugar for dusting
1. Prepare vanilla pudding according to package directions and place in fridge for 10-15 minutes until well chilled.
2. Fill the fryolator with oil and turn to 350° F.
3. To a large mixing bowl, add 2 and ½ cups of Drum Rock Fritter & Clam Cake Mix, add in the cinnamon and granulated sugar, and gently mix together the dry ingredients. Slowly stir in water, about ½ cup at a time until batter reaches desired consistency. Do not over mix, otherwise batter will fall and poppers will be dense.
4. When oil is up to temp, use an ice cream scoop (we recommend a #50) to carefully drop batter in batches of 6-10 poppers at a time, to avoid overloading the oil. Poppers should take between 3 and 4 minutes to cook, depending on the size. Once golden-brown and crispy, remove from oil and drain on a paper plate/towel.
5. Transfer poppers to small mixing bowl and coat well with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Allow to cool slightly, then use baster loaded with vanilla pudding to inject poppers with filling. Serve warm.
Snickerdoodle Poppers are the ideal solution when a cookie craving hits. They are perfectly pop-able and make a great bite-sized treat any day of the week. They offer all the deliciousness of fresh baked cookies, without having to turn on the oven!
If you are looking for a unique and exciting dessert to serve at the next get together or to add to your menu, then Drum Rock's Snickerdoodle Poppers are surely the way to go. You've definitely never seen or tasted anything like these babies, and we guarantee that you will absolutely love them!!