Thanks to Silvio's Restaurant- Johnston, RI for this recipe.
This recipe combines the flavor of a white clam sauce with the texture of a fritter. The result is a soft, fluffy clam fritter that everyone can enjoy.
1. To make the white clam sauce, combine:
- 1 cup (8 oz) chopped clams
- black pepper
- crushed dried red pepper
- olive oil
- Extras (as desired): dried parsley, lemon juice, oregano flakes, dry white wine
2. Add the white clam sauce to 1 pound of Drum Rock Fritter & Clam Cake Mix. Fold in to distribute evenly, without overmixing.
3. Add cold water to make a very thick batter- it should be the consistency of muffin mix.
4. Let rise for 10 minutes
5. Use a No. 50 or 60 ice cream scoop to drop mixture into 350°F frying oil (canola, soy bean).
6. Fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
7. Adjust frying time depending on the size of the fritter.